HP Proliant online RAID migration from VMWare ACU CLI command line

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HP Proliant online RAID migration from VMWare ACU CLI command line

Hello, finally I found solution and I belive, that it can help someone too. Please, see below:

If you need change RAID on your HP machines and if you have HP Smart Array P410i Controller and especially Battery on HPSA1 and Fully Charged than you can use LIVE/ONLINE migration of RAID without shutdown of your VMWare host. For this work you need to connect on console of VMWare host server (putty or others...).

Manual of needed commands:

vmware -v
    //show version of your host installed

esxcli software vib list
    //show your installations in VMWare host - you need to have installed HP tool hpacucli-9.40-12.0.vib or other versions this tools
    // this installation need a reboot of vmware host so, good is install it in time of update your vmware for example

esxcli software vib install -d /vmfs/volumes/ESX_Datastore/hp-HPUtil-esxi5.0-bundle-1.4-15.zip
    //installation of HP tools from host's console

/opt/hp/hpacucli/bin/hpacucli ctrl all show config
    //than you can work with hp tool in vmware host - show configuration of your RAIDs including battery status

/opt/hp/hpacucli/bin/hpacucli ctrl slot=0 modify rebuildpriority=low
    /opt/hp/hpacucli/bin/hpacucli ctrl slot=0 modify rebuildpriority=high
    //you can choice low mode or high mode of migration (with 2.2TB is different between migrations about 5h (low was about 3h, high was about 8h) )

/opt/hp/hpacucli/bin/hpacucli ctrl slot=0 ld 1 modify raid=5
    //command for change of your RAID - in my case it was from RAID 50 to RAID 5

/opt/hp/hpacucli/bin/hpacucli ctrl slot=0 ld 2 modify size=max forced
    // command for adding new free space to the one of logical volume - use maximal size

/opt/hp/hpacucli/bin/hpacucli ctrl slot=0 ld 4 modify size=500 forced
    //command for adding new free space to the one of logical volume - use just size 500 MB

Also can be usefull:

/opt/hp/hpacucli/bin/hpacucli ctrl slot=0 ld 4 add drives=2:3
    // add drives

/opt/hp/hpacucli/bin/hpacucli ctrl slot=0 create drives=1:13,1:14,1:15,1:16,1:17 raid=5
    //add drivers with proper raid version

reference -> https://communities.vmware.com/thread/439643
Working...
X